Many of our customers will be crypto natives, well versed in using the blockchain and buying and sending NFTs. We're aware that some of you will be using the blockchain for the first time to buy one of our shirts.
The purchase of our shirts will be facilitated by the purchase of an NFT. We've created this blog post to help guide you through how to set up and fund a wallet and the buy an NFT.
1. Purchasing ADA
The first thing you will need to do is set up an account with a crypto exchange. An exchange is used to convert your local currency into cryptocurrencies.
There's many different crypto exchanges available. We favour Kraken
but many other are available including Coinbase
Once you have set up an account with an exchange and completed the KYC process you will be able to purchase ADA (the native token of the Cardano blockchain). Any coins you purchase will stay on your exchange account until you transfer them to your own wallet. Here's a great article from Ledger about why you should self custody your crypto.
2. SEtting up a wallet
Whilst you can hold ADA on your exchange account, you will not be able to purchase an NFT from this account. Please note, any NFTs purchased using an exchange account will be lost!
In this blog, we'll guide you through the set up of a Nami browser extension wallet
on your computer. There are many great Cardano wallets available including Eternl, Flint and Daedalus. If you'd like to learn more about Cardano wallets, here's a great video.
1. Install the Nami wallet extension from https://namiwallet.io/
2. Set up a new wallet - Please make sure you do this in a private setting with no one looking over your shoulder.
3. You will shown a 24 word seed phrase. Please, please note the seed phrase down and store it in a safe place. This is the backup to your wallet.
If your computer is lost or damaged you will need this seed phrase to access any crypto stored in this wallet.
Do not store your seed phrase on an electronic device. If a malicious actor gains access to it they will be able to access anything in your wallet.
4. Verify your seed phrase and create your account name and password - Congratulations your wallet is now set up!
3. FUNDING YOUR WALLET
Next you need to fund your wallet. Please note that Origin Thread products are “pegged” to a EUR price. If you are funding a wallet specifically to purchase one of our products the value of your crypto may fluctuate between funding your wallet and your purchase.
1. Open the Nami wallet extension and select “Receive”
2. Send funds to this address from your exchange account - The method of doing this will be different from exchange to exchange. Using Kraken you will select “funding” and then withdraw.
Please be sure to double check the address before sending any funds. If you send funds to the wrong address they cannot be recovered.
Once funds have been sent, you will see your wallet balance automatically update.
4. BUYING AN NFT FROM ORIGIN THREAD
1. On the product sale page, select "Pay with NFT-MAKER.IO
2. This will open a pop up window - If you are using the same browser as your Nami wallet, you will have the option to select “Continue with Nami”
3. Agree to the terms and conditions, confirm you are not a robot and select “Buy Now” - You will then be asked to sign the transaction in your Nami wallet.
After the transaction has been successfully submitted, it can take up to 5 minutes for the NFT to be minted and sent. To view the NFT in your wallet, open Nami and select the collectibles tab.
Our NFTs have been created to be best viewed in pool.pm
- To view your NFT collection in pool.pm, first copy your address and then head to pool.pm/<your address>